Sharing a primary vault in 1Password Families

Options
Evolved_Fish
Evolved_Fish
Community Member

I have a 1Password Families account with myself and my wife currently listed under "People". I am trying to share my wife's primary vault with me but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. I'm trying to do the equivalent under 1 Password 6 where I was able to sync to her vault through Dropbox.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Evolved_Fish: The Primary vault exists only locally on the device; it is not part of any 1Password.com account. You can, however, create a vault in 1Password.com and share it with her. She can then add any items there that she wants to share with you. You can learn more about sharing in 1Password Families here:

Share passwords in 1Password Families

And be sure to let us know if you have any other questions. :)

• Evolved_Fish
    Evolved_Fish
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah. I'm familiar with the sharing concept. However, I'm looking to recreate what I was able to do under 1Password 6 where her vault was on dropbox for synching purposes and I was able to access it as well. So when she added an item, updated an item, etc, I then saw those updates as well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Evolved_Fish: Right, if you create a new vault and share it with her, you'll have access to anything she saves there, just like with the Dropbox vault. You can not, however, acesss another user's Personal/Private vault, just as they cannot access yours. Any others can be shared though. If she would rather have only a single vault you share with her though, you could invite her as a guest, as that's how guest accounts work. Let me know what you think. :)

This discussion has been closed.