PW generator locked me out of my bank account

Options

Just started using 1PW. I logged into my bank - had 1PW save my login info, navigated to the Change PW section within the Bank app, had 1PW create a strong PW as my new PW. When i attempt to log back in, 1 PW is using my old weak PW. I am locked out of my bank account. How do i tell 1PW to use the new, strong PW it created for me?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:PW Generator locked me out of my bank account

Comments

• timbernhard
    timbernhard
    Community Member
    Options

I figured it out; the browser extension and the local 1PW app don't seem to be in sync.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@timbernhard: I'm sorry to hear that. Which app are you using? And do you perhaps have a different setup there? For instance, if you have a Primary vault in the 1Password app, 1Password X won't have that, as it only uses 1Password.com accounts. Please let me know the versions you're using, since you left that out of your original post.

• timbernhard
    timbernhard
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for the follow up brenty. i figured out how to display the 1PW generated password, and copied + pasted it in. rookie error.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update! I'm glad that did the trick for you. It sounds like you should be all set, but if you have any other questions at all we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.