Migration

marcocalvo
marcocalvo
Community Member

I transferred my passwords from 1Password 6. It deleted all my folders, and didn't convert them into tags.

Also, the Chrome extension does not work.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@marcocalvo: Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately without some basic information you left out of your post it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance,

I transferred my passwords from 1Password 6.

Can you tell me what you did exactly?

It deleted all my folders, and didn't convert them into tags.

1Password 7 didn't delete your folders. It simply doesn't use folders at all. If you go to Help > Tools > Migrate Folders to Tags, does that help?

Also, the Chrome extension does not work.

Can you be more specific? Do you maybe not have both 1Password and the browser in the system /Applications folder? They won't be able to communicate in that case due to sandboxing restrictions.

Thanks in advance for any details you can provide! :)

• marcocalvo
    marcocalvo
    Community Member

I am using an automatic translator. I hope it works well.

I have Mac OS 10.13.6, iPhone, iPad (latest OS).

Can you tell me what you did exactly?

I downloaded "1Password 7" from the Mac App Store and entered my user 1Password. From here I searched for a method to import passwords, without finding it (your site does not provide instructions).

I entered my user in "1Password 6", and he sent the passwords online.

I opened "1Password 7" and found the passwords. I did not immediately notice that he had not converted the folders. I deleted "1Password 6" and I deleted the old vault.

Now I have passwords but no more folders or tags.

Apps such as "1Password" MUST NOT DELETE user information. Really bad.

1Password 7 didn't delete your folders. It simply doesn't use folders at all. If you go to Help > Tools > Migrate Folders to Tags, does that help?

I have already tried. Nothing happens.

Can you be more specific? Do you maybe not have both 1Password and the browser in the system /Applications folder? They won't be able to communicate in that case due to sandboxing restrictions.

I installed "1Password 7" from the Mac App Store, and the app is in "system/Applications". The extension does not work on Chrome (in "system/Applications"), it does not work on Safari (in "system/Applications").

I tried to delete and install the extension again, but it doesn't work.

Best regards.

P.S. Why does 1Password 7 not remember the location of the screen where I put it? I put it on the left side. If I close it, it opens in the center of the screen. Apps must remember where they are! "1Password 6" did not have this defect.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@marcocalvo - thanks for the clarification.

Apps such as "1Password" MUST NOT DELETE user information. Really bad.

I agree. And 1Password 7 for Mac doesn't delete user information. It simply does not use folders, as brenty mentioned. To give us a better idea of what might be going on with your specific setup, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#SLM-42936-744]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @marcocalvo only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: SLM-42936-744

• marcocalvo
    marcocalvo
    Community Member

It simply does not use folders, as brenty mentioned

Yes, I have read the notice about the folders. And I read that the folders would be changed to tags. And I think the change from folders to tags is a good idea.

The problem is that it did not work.

Now I've solved my problem, reconstructing the tags by hand thanks to the iPhone that I had not yet updated.

But it was really tiring. I have wasted a great deal of time and these things must not happen.

Can you tell me something about the browser extension that no longer works?

Best regards.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

• marcocalvo
    marcocalvo
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

Upgrade: I rebooted my Mac, and the Chrome extension now works.

Closing and reopening Chrome was not enough to solve the problem.

• Thanks for the update @marcocalvo. The transition from folders to tags should have been automatic. I’m sorry that did not happen in your case. Glad to hear rebooting has resolved the issue with Chrome.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.