Not able to click 1Password button on certain fields

Not able to click 1Password button on certain fields

This has happened for a few websites for me, but I am able to think of only one example at this time.

https://app.envoyglobal.com/app

I see the 1Password button on this website's login fields, but I am not able to click on it.

Any clues as to what might be happening here?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Not able to click 1Password button on certain fields

Comments

• Welcome to the forum, @arunsathiya! Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing with 1Password X. When you click on the 1Password icon in a field and nothing happens, it's most likely that the inline menu is just hidden. I looked at the website you kindly shared and that's exactly what's happening. The website is setting a specific style on the entire inline menu that's preventing it from showing.

I'll see if we can get this fixed for this website at least. If you come across similar behavior on other websites, feel free to share their URLs and I'll gladly take a closer look at them. 🙂

ref: b5x-498

• arunsathiya
    arunsathiya
    Community Member

Thanks for taking a look and sharing this message, @DaltonD! I shall relay more links, as and when I come across them.

• Ashokleyland
    Ashokleyland
    Community Member

Hello,

@DaltonD , here is one more website : http://duc.avid.com.
    The 1passwordX icon doesn't show up nor the dropdown menu (on the login form at the top right of the page).

Regards

• @arunsathiya: Sounds good! Also, just to let you know, 1Password X should now work on https://app.envoyglobal.com/app as of version 1.8.1.

@Ashokleyland: Thanks for sharing that URL! It looks we're intentionally not showing the 1Password icon in those fields because they're too small. We're considering adding the ability to explicitly tell 1Password to show the icon in small fields like this, however, as not showing it is a bit inconvenient for situations like this.

ref: b5x-509

• Ashokleyland
    Ashokleyland
    Community Member

Thanks @DaltonD, I understand that the icon is not showing, but why is the dropdown menu is not displayed ?

• dalton
    edited July 2018

@Ashokleyland: The inline menu won't show up unless the icon can be displayed within the field. Technically, we may still be able to display the inline menu but we would have to rely on it automatically opening when the focusing in the field. That means there would be no way to manually open the menu, which isn't great. We'd rather try to find better ways of displaying the icon in the field instead of separating the two.

• Ashokleyland
    Ashokleyland
    Community Member

Sure @DaltonD, I didn't see that but you're right !

• 👍🙂

• arunsathiya
    arunsathiya
    Community Member

@DaltonD Works like a charm. Thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad Dalton was able to help out. We're here if you need us! :)

This discussion has been closed.