Can we improve the smart search feature in 1 Password X?

Options
jimonthebarn
jimonthebarn
Community Member
edited July 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

Whenever I have multiple logins for a site Im invoking 1 PWX and start typing to quickly locate the item im looking for. This works great so far. But once the item is found I cant hit enter right away to fill in the username and password but instead I need to TAB four times for the actual item to gain focus and then I can hit enter. Can you please consider improving this?

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 1PW X 1.8.0
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: 1 Password Cloud
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• jimonthebarn
    jimonthebarn
    Community Member
    Options

This behaviour is experienced on chrome btw. Haven't tried it in Firefox yet.

• jimonthebarn
    jimonthebarn
    Community Member
    Options

Just tried it in Firefox. There it works like a charm. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jimonthebarn: Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry for the delay getting back to you. Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce what you're describing (at least, if I understand you correctly). Can you confirm the steps you're taking? When I open 1Password X and search, I'm able to select the login I want and press Enter/Return to fill it without pressing Tab. Let me know!

• jimonthebarn
    jimonthebarn
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty No worries, thank you for getting back at me. I noticed that the behaviour above is only happening on one of my computers. On the others its working just fine. At first I thought maybe I have another chrome extension installed that is interfering with 1Password X so I disabled all other extensions but to no avail. Then I tried to reinstall 1Password X but the problem persists. Now Im thinking about reinstalling chrome altogether. Maybe something with my installation was messed up.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jimonthebarn: Before you reinstall Chrome, I'd love to collect a diagnostics report from you and see if I can glean any information about your set up that might be causing this peculiar issue.

To do so, please use this unique link using the affected browser. When you reach the contact form, please include the link to this thread.

Thanks!

-Beyer

• jimonthebarn
    jimonthebarn
    Community Member
    Options

@beyer I already did a reset but sadly/luckily the problem persists. :) I completed the diagnostic report and linked this issue as requested.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jimonthebarn: While I'm sorry to hear you're still having the same issue, we'll see what we can learn from the diagnostics and continue the conversation via email. Thank you! :)

ref: MXQ-84458-798

This discussion has been closed.