Windows PIN login option not always available

mtoomajian
mtoomajian
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm using 7.0.519.BETA-519 and I think the latest Chrome extension beta, both are working really nicely. But one question, recently the ability to login via the Windows PIN was implemented, which I love. But I wanted to ask why is the button to use the pin login not always available? Seems like it is only randomly available, I can see a pattern.

Thanks,
Mark T

1Password Version: 7.0.519.BETA-519
Extension Version: 4.7.0.4
OS Version: Win 10 Home
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:windows hello

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mtoomajian: WIndows Hello (of which PIN is only one of many options) is only available in 1Password after you've already unlocked using your Master Password in a session. If you've quit the app (or restarted Windows, which will also do that) you will need to enter your Master Password to unlock before you can use Windows Hello again. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

Hi @brenty

There is any plans to set Windows Hello to default lock/unlock method? For example: If i input a wrong PIN, the Master Password will be required, something like the Android App does currently with the biometric access...

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's certainly something we'd like in theory, but in practice Windows Hello works very differently than Nexus Imprint and (iOS) Touch ID. It just isn't as flexible or seamless. In that regard, it's sort of more akin to macOS Touch ID, as it needs to be invoked by the user. But I'm sure that we'll get more tools to work with over time, and we'll continue to evaluate out options in this area. :)

This discussion has been closed.