Switching to Team 1Password

Options

We have implemented our company to the 1Password Team with an account. I successfully created a personal vault. Now I have double entries in my 1Password Mac application. I have been using Dropbox to sync my Mac, iPhone and iPad through Dropbox. It appears to be better to sync through the 1Password account at the company.1Password.com account, correct? I should stop syncing through Dropbox? I tried to sync with my Mac application but don't know how to sync to our company account. Can you give me a link to the directions or give advice on this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• bradybarrows
    bradybarrows
    Community Member
    Options

I guess my question is, if I disable syncing to Dropbox and have the team account set up on my Mac, iPhone and iPad, will they all sync together? I hope that is the way it works.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bradybarrows: Yep! It sound sleek you did the first part of the guide to migrate your data to a 1Password.com account, but you'll need to follow the last steps here to remove the original Primary vault (which is why you're seeing the same data twice) and setup your other devices with your account:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

1Password.com accounts have sync built in, so there's no need for Dropbox. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• bradybarrows
    bradybarrows
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. I tried to delete the Vault on my Mac application and it asked me for the master password, which I enter and then it asks me to update a new master password, and it asks again, and again and again.....I think you get the picture.

• bradybarrows
    bradybarrows
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, now I figured it out. I have to use the master password for the TEAM account, not my master password for my personal MAC app. That deleted the vault and now it is syncing with the TEAM account. Mucho Mahalo.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, sorry fo the confusion there! Fortunately, if you're now using the same (account-only) setup across all your devices, you'll just have a single Master Password to remember: the one for your account. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.