Loads but doesn't execute

In Safari 12 in Mojave the extension will load the username and password in a banking site for instance, but will not execute it. It doesn't "press" the Enter button or whatever. The same versions work correctly in HS.

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.14b3v2 or whatever it is now
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @TomWolsky,

This isn't strictly an extension question, but I'll try and explain what's going on. Mojave has finer grained restrictions on what applications can do, as a result its pretty likely that autosubmit will end up not being possible anymore.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Thanks again Rudy. It’s not a big deal, but it was kind of a nice feature. Always hate losing features, which unfortunately is becoming more the norm in the OS.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I hear you. But at the same time everyone is trying to tighten security. I think it's inevitable that some things like this will go away, if not now then over time, and that can be painful at first, but in the long run the industry needs to move in this direction. I know it's not much consolation now, but almost nobody notices that autosubmit doesn't exist on iOS. So I suspect we'll get used to it in time. And we do make an effort to have 1Password leave the password field focused after filling, so that simply pressing Return will usually submit the form. Hopefully that helps a bit. :)

This discussion has been closed.