1Password X for Firefox and MS Edge. No login once, use all?

richardburt
richardburt
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Lounge

I'm running Windows 10 with Edge as my default browser. I also have to occasionally use Firefox.

I have the 1PW desktop version installed so that I can use the Edge extension and 1Password X for Firefox installed.

As things stand at the moment if I want to switch to Firefox I have to login to the X addon to get my passwords and I presume this is the same for Chrome.

Is it not possible to have a "login once, use all" for the different apps and various extensions?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@richardburt: Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry for the confusion. Long story short, you can get the behaviour you want by using the 1Password desktop extension everywhere: Edge, Firefox, and even Chrome, Opera, and some others:

1Password extension (desktop app required)

Those are all just 1Password (mini) connecting to the browser, so they all lock and unlock together.

1Password X is a different beast. It's designed to work entirely within the browser so folks who cannot use the native apps can still use 1Password in their browser:

Get to know 1Password X

But since it runs only in the browser, it cannot unlock with the desktop app. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.