When I went to a private window and clicked on 1P X I get a white popup:

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dteare
    edited April 2018

This is very interesting, @jadchaar. We support Incognito mode in Chrome so I would have expected Firefox's private browsing mode to work as well. It doesn't though so there goes that theory! ๐Ÿ˜‚

I've opened an issue and we'll dig into it. Thanks for the report!

ref: b5x-352

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Happy to help as always :D

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿงก

• dajvido
    dajvido
    Community Member

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Is there some update on this issue?
    In my case it's private window in Firefox Developer Edition 62.0b8 (64-bit) on Windows 10.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dajvido: Unfortunately Firefox doesn't seem to support some parts of the Web Extension spec that Chrome does, and runtime.getBackgroundPage is something that just doesn't work in private windows in Firefox. We'll see if there's something we can do to work around that in the future.

• TheOtherAdam
    TheOtherAdam
    Community Member

@brenty Hi I prefer to browse in a private window, is there any timeline for a fix?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TheOtherAdam: The only thing that's arguably "broken" is in Firefox's lack of support for this feature in private browsing windows, though that may be an intentional choice. I'm not entirely certain we can work around this, so I can't offer you a timeline. But perhaps we'll be able to come up with something down the road. In the mean time, Chrome's incognito mode does not have this limitation.

This discussion has been closed.