Checking for current browser extensions

Options

I am in system / software maintenance mode and decided to ensure my browser extensions for 1Password are current. I am not sure if they are ... thus this posting.

Here is what I have ...

Chrome 4.7.2.90
I.E. no extension shown
Edge **7.1.565
**Firefox
4.6.12.90 (shows a date updated of Oct. 29, 2017

When I tried to update the Firefox extension this popped up ...

I retried updating in Firefox with my ESET Internet Security turn off ... no go. Even turned off Adblock Plus ... no go.

Can you confirm that my extensions are current and any advice of the Firefox issue?

Cheers,

Bob

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: As noted above
OS Version: Win10 Pro 1803 Build 17134.165
Sync Type: 1Password.ca

Comments

• bkh
    bkh
    Community Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

When I tried to update the Firefox extension this popped up ...

I also have that issue. Eset seems to block the direct installation from the wire. The straightforward work-around that I use is to download the .xpi installation file to my local disk, then drag it into the Firefox Add-ons window. This works for me. In detail:

1. go to the plug-in changelog https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPX4 (here you can see the newest version number)
    2. in the description for the newest plugin it says something like "Download for Safari Chrome or Firefox" and those are 3 active links.
    3. hover the mouse over that blue Firefox link and see that it goes to cloudfront for 1Password-[version].xpi
    4. right-click and "save link as" and save the .xpi file on your local computer's disk.
    5. in Firefox open the Add-ons Manager (hamburger menu > Add-ons)
    6. in windows explorer find the .xpi file you downloaded; drag and drop it onto the Add-ons Manager window in Firefox.
    7. when Firefox prompts "Add 1Password extension" click "allow" and it will install.
  • BobArch2
    BobArch2
    Community Member
    Options

@bkh Many thanks ... that worked to update the extension in Firefox. I have saved your steps in the event I ever need them again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bkh: Thanks! :chuffed:

Even without any 3rd party software involved, Firefox also seems to be a bit flaky about automatic updates. I definitely notice from time to time that it's stopped on an old version. While I can turn off automatic updates, update manually, and then turn on automatic again...usually I'll just remove it, reinstall it, and then Firefox seems to update automatically again — at least for a while. :)

This discussion has been closed.