1Password for Mac and Chrome OS

I'm very confused. I've had the Mac version of 1Password on various Macs for years. I'm now trying to use the app on my Chromebook. I read that I have to purchase the Membership, which I just did using the same email as my Mac app. However, I cannot seem to sync the data from my Macs onto my Chromebook's extension app. Please help! This has been a very frustrating adventure.
Thx!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: CHrome OS latest
Sync Type: Google

Comments

• Hey @ronhamelin1,

Thank you for trying 1Password X on your Chromebook, and thanks for starting a membership. It sounds like your Macs don't yet know about your new membership account. Although you may have used the same email to purchase the app, the membership service is separate, so you'll have to make a few introductions. :)

To get everything in sync, sign in to your account from the Mac app:

You'll have an opportunity to copy data to your new account when you sign in. After this is done, you can sign in on your other Macs and any other devices, and all your data should be there.

Please let me know if you run into any difficulties with the migration, and I hope you enjoy 1Password X.

Mitch

• ronhamelin1
    ronhamelin1
    Community Member

hi Mitch,
    I've managed to add the 1Password X account on my Mac, which now shows both my 1Password info AND my 1Password X vault info. However, I'm still unable to access the 1Password vault on my Chromebook. Please help! Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ronhamelin1: It sounds like you're referring to a local vault, probably called Primary, on your Mac. Is that correct? If so, that won't be part of any 1Password.com account, and 1Password X works only with 1Password.com. So you'd need to move that data to a vault in your account if you want it to be available in 1Password X. Let me know what you find.

• ronhamelin1
    ronhamelin1
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

How do I move the data? This is pretty confusing and not that intuitive. In addition, I can no longer sync my data from my dropbox to my Android device since the file was change from agile to opvault. There has to be another way to make this seamless and without such issues.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

@ronhamelin1: In order to use 1Password (X) in Chrome, you'll need to be using a 1Password.com account. And with a 1Password.com account, Dropbox is not involved at all. You didn't answer my question:

It sounds like you're referring to a local vault, probably called Primary, on your Mac. Is that correct?

If so, and you haven't yet migrated your data, you'll need to follow the steps in this guide to do so, and also setup your account on your other devices:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If you run into any issues with that, please provide as much information as possible so I can give you specific instructions on how you should proceed.

• patdoat
    patdoat
    Community Member

HI,
    i got a standard 1password license for my mac. I would want to use 1 password X on a Linux computer (with Chrome). Do have I to buy another license for it?
    Thanks for your answer
    Best regards

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @patdoat! 1Password X works only with 1password.com accounts. It will certainly work in Chrome on Linux...but not with standalone vaults. Do you have a 1password.com membership/account?

This discussion has been closed.