To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Multiple secret key #'s associated with my email address

Options
jones_kim
jones_kim
Community Member

I am logged into my 1Password account on iPhone X and I have some legacy vaults connected (which I guess sync to Dropbox). So I tried copying old entries from my vault to my 1Password account, but when I tried to edit/delete the old entry, I am asked to login again and I get an error saying there is another secret key associated with my email address? How can this be? I had an old demo account back in 2015 using 1P4 on another Windows machine, could that be it? Anyway, how can I remove and clean up my entries/vaults?

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: W10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hey @jones_kim, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble removing the items in your old vault. Let's figure out what is going on. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report:

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can link it up to this discussion.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID. Please post that ID here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you through email. Thanks very much!

• jones_kim
    jones_kim
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for the prompt response. Actually I spent a few hours using the FILLE technique "FIxing things by Looking at them Long Enough" and managed to figure it: if you create a new Secret Key then it appears the previous Secret Key is no longer valid, is that correct?

• Ben
    Options

That is correct. You can only have one Secret Key. :) Glad to hear you were able to get this figured out. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.