1Password for Windows desktops has stopped working

Yaodiren
Yaodiren
Community Member
edited July 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi guys.
I'm new here from China. My English is not very good, so I try to describe the trouble I have with simple words.
It has been working well for past months, and now it's suddenly out of service, so I tried to uninstall and reinstall it, and it still didn't work.
I tried various versions (6.7.457, 6.8.534, 7.0.558, 7.1.567), but it still as the below picture show.
Hope you can help me solve this problem. Thank you very much.

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Yaodiren: I'm sorry to hear that. Please try the following:

1. Uninstall any versions of 1Password you have
    2. Install .Net Framework 4.7.2: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dotnet/2018/04/30/announcing-the-net-framework-4-7-2/
    3. Restart Windows
    4. Install the latest version of 1Password: https://1password.com/downloads/

Let me know if that helps!

• Hi @Yaodiren,

One more thing, are you using a 1Password.com account or a standalone vault?

• Yaodiren
    Yaodiren
    Community Member

@brenty Thank you very much. It works.

• Yaodiren
    Yaodiren
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT, Thank you for the comment. I use 1Password.com account. Now it works. Thank you very much.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Yaodiren,

On behalf of Mike and Brenty you are very welcome! :+1: :chuffed:

Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future, we are always ready to help you with 1Password.

Cheers,
    Greg

• xuyanru
    xuyanru
    Community Member

@brenty i have the same problem with @Yaodiren .
    i failed to Install .Net Framework 4.7.2: ,i found my computer have already installed .NET Framework 4.5.
    what should i do?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@xuyanru: 1Password 7 for Windows requires at least .NET 4.6.2. Could you please tell me what troubles you have while trying to install .NET Framework 4.7.2? Are you running Windows 7?

Thanks!

++
    Greg

• xuyanru
    xuyanru
    Community Member

@greghoch
    please kingly check my attach image

• @xuyanru: Based on the error you're seeing and the style of your windows, it looks like you're using Windows 7. As the error message states, .NET 4.7.2 isn't supported on Windows 7, but as Greg mentioned, 1Password just needs 4.6.2 or later. You can find 4.6.2 here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3151800/the-net-framework-4-6-2-offline-installer-for-windows

Give installing that a try and let us know if that gets things sorted for you. :chuffed:

• xuyanru
    xuyanru
    Community Member

@bundtkate tr
    tried to install 4.6.2,still not working.
    please see my attach image.
    thank you!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @xuyanru, thank you for the screenshots!

Could you please check Windows update and make sure to install Service Pack 1? You will need to do that before installing .NET Framework. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

@xuyanru: Indeed, be sure to do all Windows updates. The error indicates that it cannot be installed on the unsupported OS version you're using. But .Net should be available via Windows Update now as well. It will only be offered and installable once you've installed earlier updates though. You won't be able to install any recent version of .Net until you do that.

• xuyanru
    xuyanru
    Community Member

@bundtkate @brenty @Greg :problem solved!thanks a lot!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're here for you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.