To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Potential Bug: Moving/Copying items requires "Item History" Permission?

stefanbauer
stefanbauer
Community Member

Today I tried to find out which permissions are necessary to move/copy items to other vaults. I thought, that "Share Items" is enough. But it isn't. Why is the permission of "Item History" necessary to move/copy items to other vaults? Is that a bug? Otherwise, a documentation would be nice about that.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X
Sync Type: 1password.eu

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stefanbauer: Hmm. What are the exact permissions you have set for this vault? Is it only "Share Items"?

• stefanbauer
    stefanbauer
    Community Member

Here we go:

If I remove the "Item History", moving/copying items is not possible anymore. And I don't get, what this permission has to do with moving/copying items.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

@stefanbauer: I think I understand what's going on. Since item history is tied to the item itself, not having access to that would prevent moving or copying that item. I agree that's a bit confusing though. Can you tell me more about your specific use case? Maybe it's something we can better accommodate in the future.

• stefanbauer
    stefanbauer
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

In our case, we wanted to do a global "clean-up" so we asked all employees to double check specific vaults and move personal entries to their personal vault. Therefore I granted the "Share Items" permission, so they can move the items. But because of just moving items, I didn't want to give access to the "Item History". In general, it was not a problem. Just wanted to notice, that this behavior is a little bit confusing.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019

Thanks for clarifying. I agree this is something that needs to be clearer. Thanks for bringing it up!

ref: web/support.1password.com#573

This discussion has been closed.