Invalid Login Information

Options
biensur
biensur
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Mac

I can't use 1Password for Mac. This is my first time using a 1Password account, previously using Dropbox. So I set up a family account, created my user, downloaded my emergency kit PDF. I installed the new version on the Mac (7.0.7) and setup both the 1Password account and my Dropbox account. Then I moved all my passwords from Dropbox to 1Password. I found out that I can't simply delete a vault so I had to reset 1Password using the help menu. After I did that, I saw the setup screen again. I clicked "1Password" and it says "we found 1 account on your mac" which is strange because I just reset all data. I click "add" and it asks for my master password, doesn't work. I clicked "sign in with a different account" and added my same account using the QR code, still doesn't accept my master password. All this info works on the browser so it's not my password. I changed my master password and my secret key, downloaded a new QR code, tried again. No luck. Added my wife's account, no luck. Added manually, nope. Reset 1Password again, no luck. Used AppCleaner to delete the app and all remaining files, reinstalled 1Password from their website (not Mac App Store), issue persists.

I simply can't use my account on this Mac. Not a good start to my subscription.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• biensur
    biensur
    Community Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

So I kept trying to troubleshoot:

• searched for hidden and system files and found files and folders not detected by AppCleaner (such as /var/ folder)
    • found iCloud sync (/Library/Mobile Documents) had 1Password 7 data, unchecked
    • Completely disabled iCloud Drive sync
    • Boot to single user mode and deleted Mobile Documents data
    • Cleared browser caches
    • etc.

No matter what I did, that stupid account kept showing up (see first image) with a master password not working and it didn't accept ANY previous master password.

Guess what it was?

It was the G.D.. Keychain. I went in and wiped all agilebits entries from login, icloud, and system keychains and it removed the account!

**Now it still **says Invalid Login even though I've changed my Secret Key and Master Password on the site.

• biensur
    biensur
    Community Member
    Options

Found the issue was in keychain access but the "invalid login information" persists even after removing the pre-filled existing account.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@biensur: I see that you also contacted us separately via email and Mhyar is already helping you there, so please get back to him via email since this will probably involve some account information, and we're not going to discuss sensitive stuff like that here on a public forum.

But in a more general sense, in case it helps you or anyone else, if you setup a different Master Password for your account when signing up for that than you've been using for a local vault (like the one you sync'd with Dropbox) in the app, you'll need to enter the one for your account in order to sign into it. There is no penalty though for trying multiple times. You just won't be able to sign into the account without entering its Master Password correctly.

Anyway, we can go over the specifics of you situation via email once we hear back from you. We'll help you get sorted. :)

ref: DAU-22411-189

This discussion has been closed.