Moving entries from vaults then Deleting / Emptying trash problems

I am trying to transfer entries from old pre v7 folders/vaults to the main Personal vault in my 1Password account. So I moved items using iPhone iOS app v7.06. First problem was they went straight to the Trash in my Personal vault. But I restored them to my Personal folder. There were duplicates so I deleted unwanted entries then went to Trash to empty trash. However I got an error message when trying to empty the trash. Also, I have different #'s of entries in my Personal vault - 102 on iOS v7.06; 115 (incl 2 in trash) on my Windows app v7.1.567; and 114 in my chrome browser. Very confusing? How can I clean up these entries pls? In addition, some entries I cannot even edit because they "cannot be found on server"?

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: W10Home v1803
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jones_kim,

Thank you for getting in touch!

It sounds like you have a complicated setup, so we need to get a closer look. I'd like to ask you to create Diagnostics Reports from your iPhone and Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post them in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your reports in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the reports and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• jones_kim
    jones_kim
    Community Member

Hi, thanks for the prompt response. Actually I spent a few hours using the FILLE technique "FIxing things by Looking at them Long Enough" and managed to figure out multiple things going on and fixed them.

I had a couple of 2015 era .agilekeychain vaults on my local HD being accessed by a demo version of an 1Pv4 windows app, as well as copies of the same vaults with same folder name on Dropbox being accessed by a v7 windows app and also sync'ing with a v7 iOS app but the sync'ing was broken due to pointing to wrong location. And then of course the new Personal vault comes along with the online account version, along with the updating process that creates .legacyagilekeychain folders and .opvaults. All quite confusing. You should maybe have a help section to spell out to people how to cross check which vaults they are accessing and where they are located. Anyway all good now.

One last issue, for which I actually submitted another Forum question: If you create a new Secret Key then it appears the previous Secret Key is no longer valid, is that correct?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jones_kim,

I am really sorry for the confusion with the migration process, but I am glad to hear you've figured it all out. Please share a Diagnostics Report, if you want us to check if everything is okay. :)

As for your question about Secret Key, you are correct. If you create a new Secret Key for your account, your account credentials are updated and you will need to re-sign in to your account in 1Password apps. Moreover, you will need to generate a new Emergency Kit, because your Secret Key has changed.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I will be happy to help. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• jones_kim
    jones_kim
    Community Member

Thanks!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jones_kim,

You are very welcome! :chuffed: Feel free to reach out to us anytime.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.