Login form not filled correctly on fdj.fr

Options

There is not a lot of things to say about it. Only that two things happens when I try to login (Mon Compte)

1) The filled password is invalid. I cannot login and I have to manually copy/paste the password stored in 1Password
2) The date is not filled

It would be fine if I only had to enter my birthday to login. However the password filled by 1password does not work and require a manual copy

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.8.0
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MorgothSauron: I'm sorry for the delay getting back to you. 1Password X is designed to fill usernames and passwords, so the birthdate thing is a bit odd, but we'll see if we can get this working in the future as well. Also, they seem to have a dummy password filled, so 1Password X is skipping that. Thanks for letting us know.

ref: b5x-511

• MorgothSauron
    MorgothSauron
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty To be honest I don't care that 1Password does not fill the birthdate. As you said, it is odd to have such field on a login form and I agree.

On the other hand, it is the only web site where I have to manually copy the password. It is not a big issue because I rarely login and it is the only web site where I need to copy the password myself.

• dalton
    Options

@MorgothSauron: Is the password that you have saved for your FDJ Login item longer than 15 characters, by chance? It looks like FDJ limits the password length to 15 characters in their sign-in form which means that copy/pasting will always work, but filling with 1Password likely won't if your password is longer than 15 characters. Trimming your saved password down to 15 characters might be enough for FDJ to accept it when filling with 1Password.

• MorgothSauron
    MorgothSauron
    Community Member
    Options

@DaltonD My current password does not exceed 15 characters :(

• dalton
    Options

Thanks for letting me know, @MorgothSauron. Typically, when a website doesn't accept a password filled by 1Password, it's due to character length restrictions on the password field. After further investigation, it seems that the trouble with FDJ stems from JavaScript validation issues rather than password restrictions. FDJ doesn't seem to complain if you fill your Login item directly from the password field, but that can be a bit finicky. I'm not sure how much we can do to avoid this behavior as it's pretty site-specific, but we'll keep it on our radar.

Thanks again for reaching out to us about this issue and I apologize for not having any better news for you.

• MorgothSauron
    MorgothSauron
    Community Member
    Options

@DaltonD Luckily I do not connect to FDJ often. I understand, thanks to your explanations, that the issue is on FDJ site. And knowing the limitation I'll be fine with copy/paste. Thank you for the feedback and keep up the good work. :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for understanding. Not ideal, but perhaps we can find a way to work around it in the future — or they'll change the site. ;)

This discussion has been closed.