To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

haveibeenpwned multiple email addresses & Security

Gfivenine
Gfivenine
Community Member

Hi there,
Currently, when i run the security check through the 1password website it searches for my primary email address only ( The one associated with my account). I have multiple email accounts that i use in 1password, is there a way for the security check to include them all?

I also noticed another security check for passwords available to me, does this mean my passwords are decrypted and sent to a third party? I thought my passwords were never revealed to anyone but myself as i have the master key. Please clarify this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:haveibeenpwned

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Hi there, Currently, when i run the security check through the 1password website it searches for my primary email address only ( The one associated with my account).

@Gfivenine: I hear you, but you probably don't want any random person to be able to search your email address for vulnerable accounts in an automated fashion. I know I don't. And the terms of using the HIBP API are that we don't misuse it to enable bad behavior like that.

I have multiple email accounts that i use in 1password, is there a way for the security check to include them all?

No. Hopefully my explanation above helps clarify why, but let me know if you have questions.

I also noticed another security check for passwords available to me, does this mean my passwords are decrypted and sent to a third party? I thought my passwords were never revealed to anyone but myself as i have the master key. Please clarify this.

1Password generates a hash locally, downloads a partial hash from HIBP, and then compares them locally. That's why it can take a bit of time, especially in the 1Password.com web interface: it takes a bit of processing.

Anyway, I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.