Transfer 1PIF file to credit card folder

I successfully converted a CVS file to 1PIF format so that I can transfer 79 items into the credit card folder on my personal vault. When I attempt to transfer the 1PIF file, the import function does not give me an option to select a folder but sends the data to the bank folder. I have been working with 1Password Support on this issue and Support has the same result. Support suggested I post this issue to possibly find a solution.

1Password Version: 7.1.567 for Windows
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: Window 10 Version 1803
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:mr c

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 2018

Hi @gladner ,

If I'm interpreting correctly, you used the csv converter from the converter suite to do your conversion.

If that's correct, then I'm happy to help you.

First, be sure you are using the 1.10 version of the suite, in Stable Bits, mentioned in the link above. It greatly expands the csv converter's capabilities.

Next, be sure to format the CSV's column labels, as per the README.pdf's instructions under the CSV sub-section of the Exporting from your Password Manager section. It lists exactly the column labels required to get your data converted into Credit Card data. Follow the remainder of the instructions under this section, as well as the import instructions from earlier in the document.

Ask if you need help!

ps. I'm guessing you are using the 1.09 version of the converter and/or you have an incorrect label in your CSV.

• gladner
    gladner
    Community Member

I went to the 'convert suite' referred to above and used Stable Bits shown. The set up on my CVS file:
    title, card number, expiry date (MM/YYYY),cardholder name, PIN, bank name, CVV, notes
    Card v1.cvs is save as file type: “CVS UTP-8 (comma delimited) (*.cvs)

When I went to transfer the data, no folder options were offered, and the data went into the bank folder.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 2018

@gladner,

I'm not sure where you got those label names - the labels as listed in the README.PDF are exactly:

Title, Card Number, Expires, Cardholder, PIN, Bank, CVV, Notes

Your entries are being converted to the Bank Account category because your label named "Bank Name" is sufficient to match as a bank account. It is the label names themselves that act is the hint to which category your entries belong.

You are not going to get "folder options"; I think you mean categories, but in any case, again, your labels dictate into which single fixed category your entries will end up.

• gladner
    gladner
    Community Member

I found the credit card cvs setup from the “How to create a 1Password compatible CSV file” document on 1Password at https://support.1password.com/create-csv-files/ under the heading Credit Cards. A few weeks ago, I either missed or misread or the qualifier under ‘Appendix: Item types’ changed to read “Password.com can only import Login items. 1Password for Mac can import Logins, Credit Cards, Software Licenses, and Secure Notes.” I did not realize that the labels for the credit card CVS format in the 1Password document was different from the labels in the README PDF.

I made the label changes listed in the README PDF. When I did the import this time, 61 items went to the Secure Notes category and 11 went to the Bank Accounts category.

I have decided that having the data in Secure Notes works for my purposes and I manually deleted the data that went into the Bank Accounts category and added it to Secure Notes.

Thank you for your help.

• Hi @Gladner,

I'm sorry that we don't have a better solution for you at this moment, we do plan to have a much better and comprehensive import/export tools for 1Password.

I'm glad you got it imported for the most parts.

This discussion has been closed.