Delivering password to personal valuts

nikgreen
nikgreen
Community Member

This is actually a question that was raised by @shakou last month in the post (Administrator creating a login file and placing in user private vault)

@shakou mentioned they had found a solution, and I was wondring if they would be willing to share this with me, otherwise do 1Password admins have any suggestions.

• Essentially as an Admin I want/need to be able to push pre-configured login details directly to my users personal vaults.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Delivering password to personal valuts

Comments

• shakou
    shakou
    Community Member

I simply created a new vault and gave permissions only to that user, effectively giving them 2 private vaults. I would have preferred to push to their private vault but like you was not able to find how.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@nikgreen, @shakou: Item Sharing is a beta feature in 1Password Business (and Teams) plans. When you enable it, you can click the [ ↑ ] Share icon in an item's details in the 1Password.com web interface to send it to a specific user. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• nikgreen
    nikgreen
    Community Member

@shakou thanks for getting back to me - I suspected that might have been your workaround - as you mention push to Private is preferred manner as you could quickly end up with multiple vaults.

**@brenty ** - cheers. Yes I've found that feature and it works, though it does have some limitations.

1. It doesn't appear that the other party receives any notification a password has been sent to them,

2. It would be nice if this was expanded, so an admincould share a password with a team member and have it linked to the original rather than a copy. This shared password would be 'locked' so the recipent couldn't change. Then if the admin updates the password, the end user would receive the update.

This is because we have some managed systems that don't allow end users to change password (before you start...I know!!!), so an admin has the task of creating accounts and and sharing passwords. These may then change over time.

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

@nikgreen There is one other option, if you would like to try out our new 1Password SCIM bridge (with support for Okta and Azure Active Directory), the method of user provisioning used there allows admins to put items directly into an employee's personal vault up until the point the user accepts the account. Please let me know if this is something you'd be interested in.

For reference: https://support.1password.com/scim

• shakou
    shakou
    Community Member

The features @nikgreen would be great for us as well. Thanks for your help.

• Thanks for the feedback @shakou

Ben

This discussion has been closed.