The time set to lock 1Pw7 does not work

kmart05
kmart05
Community Member

I have set the time to lock 1PW7 to 3 hrs in preferences. It worked just fine in 6. Now it asks me for password whenever I reopen the app. This is true for the app and the extensions.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @kmart05,

We'd be happy to help. What do you have set for the other preferences in 1Password > Preferences > Security?

Also 3 hours seems like a very long idle time, for what it's worth.

Ben

• kmart05
    kmart05
    Community Member

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kmart05: To be clear, if you quit 1Password completely it will be locked when you reopen it. Can you give me the exact steps you're taking? So far I'm not able to get 1Password to do anything unexpected with regard to locking. Is it locking because your screen saver activated?

• kmart05
    kmart05
    Community Member

I have no screen saver. I am simply using my browsers (mainly), and almost every time I open any 1pw7 element (extension or app) I have to enter my password. This long lock time worked in v6, not now. I have also unchecked the screen saver option.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kmart05: It sounds like you may have set things up in a way that's confusing you. Unfortunately without some basic information you've omitted from your posts, it's hard to say what might help you. Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• kmart05
    kmart05
    Community Member

it works perfectly in older versions!

Mac OS: 10.13.6
    Chrome: Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Extension for Chrome: 4.7.2.90

As in the screen shot above, the lock after computer is idle is set to 300 minutes. I will use the extension to go to/fill web sites. Then will do what I intended. Go back to use the extension to go a web site in a little over an hour and I have to reenter my password. I should not have to. It certainly hasn't been idle 300 minutes.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2018

@kmart05,

That’s strange as we didn’t change the locking options any from 1Password 6, and I’m not able to reproduce the issue on my installation. Next time this happens please create and send us a diagnostic report just after 1Password locks. To do so please see these instructions:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/449950/#Comment_449950
    • Your forum username: kmart05

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

P.S. 300 minutes is 5 hours, not 3 hours. :)

I have set the time to lock 1PW7 to 3 hrs in preferences.

As in the screen shot above, the lock after computer is idle is set to 300 minutes.

• kmart05
    kmart05
    Community Member

I haven't received a Support ID yet. What diagnostics do you want me to run?

• @kmart05

Please re-read my last post. You won’t receive a support ID until you send the diagnostic report. Instructions for creating and sending the report are above. :)

Ben

• kmart05
    kmart05
    Community Member

Support ID #ZCT-28572-665

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kmart05 - thanks! One of us will be with you shortly. :)

ref: ZCT-28572-665

This discussion has been closed.