1P Extension Non-Operative

The extension appears in the toolbar, and opens, but clicking on a login has absolutely no effect. A reboot will probably clear this up, but still...

1Password 7 Version 7.1.BETA-0 (70100000)AgileBits Beta
1Password Safari Extension 4.7.1
Safari Version 11.1.2 (13605.3.8)
macOS 10.13.6 (17G65)

1Password Version: 7.1.BETA-0
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.6 (17G65)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:safari extension fail

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@HFTobeason - sorry for the trouble. A restart may indeed solve the issue you're experiencing, but if not there are a couple of other things to check for. One is: are both your browser and 1Password located in your main Applications folder? If they're not, that will be the problem. 1Password 7 for Mac is the first version (except the Mac App Store version) that's sandboxed, which means both it and the browser it's talking with must be installed directly in /Applications.

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member

Yup, both are in /Applications. Note that this is an intermittent issue.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @HFTobeason,

Intermittent issues are the worst. The unpredictable behaviour makes it somehow more annoying and they're the most difficult to track down.

When the issue does happen, is the behaviour consistent for any period of time, if you access 1Password mini after it fails and attempt to fill again almost immediate does it fail again or is it as likely to succeed the second time? I have a feeling we're going to need to review a diagnostic report but it could very well be less than revealing if the diagnostic report cannot be created as the issue is happening. A lot of what the diagnostic report records is the state of things at the time and that could be an important factor. If once the issue appears it's consistent for a period of time I'll provide the details on how to create a diagnostic report and where to send it so we can see if we can determine why it is happening.

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member

When the issue occurs, it is absolutely consistent, and continues to fail until I reboot.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @HFTobeason,

That's actually good, it should improve our chances of figuring this out. Given this here is what I would like you to do for me please.

1. Restart your Mac.
    2. Use your Mac normally until the issue appears.
    3. Create a diagnostic report as soon as you notice it happening. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@1password.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post that ticket ID here it will help us locate your diagnostic report and we'll see what it reveals.

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member

It's happening right now, but the Troubleshooting app is just spinning the wheel of death - and has been for several hours.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HFTobeason: Then something is hung up on your system, preventing the troubleshooting tool from collecting the diagnostic data from the OS. If you restart your computer, are you able to generate a diagnostic report then?

This discussion has been closed.