1Password 7 not filling [requires membership or license]

Options
izminez
izminez
Community Member
edited July 2019 in Mac

I just upgraded to 1password 7, and it has been buggy since moment 1. My biggest issue is that it is not filling in fields in Chrome. Uninstalled/reinstalled the extension, quit and restarted chrome, rebooted computer, and none of it works.

(But hey, at least I'm paying a lot more for it now than before!)

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password 7 not filling in fields

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @izminez! Sorry for the trouble you're having with Chrome and the 1Password extension. Are both Chrome and 1Password 7 in your main /Applications folder? If not, that will be the reason you can't get it to fill. For the first time in our history, 1Password 7 is sandboxed, meaning both the browser you're interacting with and 1Password have to be located within the main Applications folder, not anywhere else on your hard drive, including ~/Applications.

• AnkeD
    AnkeD
    Community Member
    Options

Hallo, ich habe das gleiche Problem und ebenfalls höhere Kosten.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @AnkeD! Can you elaborate a bit? Without some additional detail, it's going to be difficult to assist you. What version of macOS are you using? What version of 1Password, and of the 1Password extension in Chrome? Can you describe the problem in a little more detail? Thanks in advance for the clarification.

• AnkeD
    AnkeD
    Community Member
    Options

Hallo, ich habe das gleiche Problem und ebenfalls höhere Kosten.

Ich nutze folgende Versionen High Sierra 10.13.6 / Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 / Password Erweiterung heute. Ich habe die Erweiterung wie empfohlen einmal deinstalliert und wieder neu installiert. Also, wenn ich den PW-Generator nutze, werden das neue Passwort nicht automatisch ausgefüllt. LogIns von Webseiten funktionieren auch nur bedingt.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AnkeD - Where are 1Password 7 for Mac and Chrome located on your hard drive?

• AnkeD
    AnkeD
    Community Member
    Options

Beide sind bei Programme abgelegt. Ist das korrekt?

• cvyhnal
    cvyhnal
    Community Member
    Options

I can't seem to enable the Google Chrome 1Password extension on my Mac laptop. Both Google Chrome and 1Password 7 are in my applications folder. I'm syncing to my vault using Dropbox (which you helped me do on my iPad) and it also seems to be working on my laptop (can open and view login and password information), but when I click on the 1Password icon in the Google Chrome toolbar, the window flashes but nothing else happens--I don't see any 1Password window and there's no autofill of website log-in information. Any suggestions?

• Hi @izminez @cvyhnal ,

There are two things that could be causing this to happen.
    1. 1Password 7 is stored somewhere other than the /Applications folder. It needs to be there in order for the process verification to function properly.
    2. There is another copy of 1Password somewhere else. If the Chrome extension is trying to connect to a different copy of the app, it won't work. Have a look in your downloads folder or elsewhere and see remove any extra copies you may have. If you are keeping an old version of 1Password "just in case", consider zipping it up, and removing the original, just keeping the zipped copy.

Regards,
    Kevin

• cvyhnal
    cvyhnal
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks--searched my laptop and only found the one copy of 1Password in the applications folder--no copy anywhere else.

Any other suggestions?

C

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cvyhnal - if you open the main window of 1Password 7 for Mac, look at any of your items. Do you see a Read Only badge in the top right corner of the item detail?

• cvyhnal
    cvyhnal
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, and when I click on the 'Read Only' icon, a window pops up to offer me a 1Password membership for $2.99/mo. Do I need to purchase a membership to enable autofill on log-in information (even if I purchased the software originally)?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cvyhnal: If you purchased a license, it's valid for that specific version. So you'd need to either buy a license for 1Password for Mac version 7 in order to use that, or get it along with all of the other apps as part of a 1Password.com membership. Otherwise 1Password will be in "read only" mode.

• ckandkc
    ckandkc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I am a mac user and my macbook pro is on version MacOS Mojave 10.14.5 (18F132). I use google chrome and ever since i upgraded 1password to 7, 1password is not auto filling the credentials on the chrome browser. Please note i am have a life time pro membership with 1password since 1password 4 or earlier. Do i still need to purchase the monthly membership with 1password 7? that would be ridiculous!!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ckandkc,

Brenty's post does apply to you as well but I would like to clarify a little if you don't mind.

For the longest time the way you used 1Password was to purchase a licence which was per platform. That would enable all features and entitled you to any minor updates for that version of 1Password. So 1Password 3 was one licence, 1Password 4 was another and then we got a bit lazy and 1Password 5 and 6 for Mac were free updates for anybody with a licence for 1Password 4 or newer. 1Password 7 is the first time since 1Password 4 that we've had a paid update and so any previous licence does not cover 1Password 7.

We do recommend the 1Password account path over a 1Password 7 licence because for the vast majority of people they will benefit from the conveniences we've worked hard at having in the 1Password account. The idea is everything under one umbrella in terms of the subscription covers not just hosting your encrypted data but access to the latest 1Password on all supported platforms. We've tried to take away the pain of syncing and the need to worry about backups and redundancy. For those that are quite against subscriptions or the use of a server though 1Password 7 does still support licences and standalone vaults.

We have often seen confusion when it comes to the word account but prior to the creation of 1Password accounts users of 1Password haven't had an account or lifetime membership, merely a licence that does not expire but only guarantees updates to the version at the time of purchase.

Developing, even just maintaining software has costs associated with it which is why we've never promised lifetime updates. I am glad that for those that really don't like what a 1Password account offers we still have the licence option but just as before, it does only guarantee minor updates to 1Password 7.

If you have any questions please do let us know.

This discussion has been closed.