cannot shut down latest version of 1password on high sierra 10.13.06 on 18 month old iMac

wisahickoner
wisahickoner
Community Member

The only way for me to close 1password is to force quit from Apple menu.This just stared happening for no apparent reason.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: os 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cannot close 1password down

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

In the mini (the menu bar item), once it is open there is a gearwheel icon top right. Clik that and one of the options is to Quit 1PW completely.

The normal command-Q quits the main app but keeps the mini running.

I believe there is also a keyboard shortcut for quitting completely.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @wisahickoner! I'm sorry for the trouble; that certainly shouldn't be the case. @danco's suggestion is correct; if 1Password 7 is unlocked, you can click the mini, then the gear icon and choose "Quit 1Password Completely." If 1Password is NOT unlocked and you don't feel like locking it, you can hold down the option key on your Mac and click the menubar icon, and you'll get the same option (to quit completely). If you have the main 1Password app open, you can Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu). Hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.