How do I transfer version 6 to new MacBook?

uWZiyuj
uWZiyuj
Community Member

I have version 6, purchased on App Store, on my old MacBook. It is synced via iCloud. I would like to install it and transfer my data on my new MacBook. Is this as simple as downloading 6.8.9 from the Agile Bits website and inputting my iCloud details?

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2018

Hi @uWZiyuj

Please see this guide from Apple on downloading previous purchases from them:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store - Apple Support

In short you’ll need to be signed into the App Store app using the same Apple ID that is on your receipt for 1Password and then use the Purchases tab to download 1Password 6. Then you can set up syncing with iCloud.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• uWZiyuj
    uWZiyuj
    Community Member

Thank you, Ben. This is very helpful. Will the download from the App Store be the same version as the website (6.8.9)? I'm presently running 6.8.8 with no option on the App Store to update to 6.8.9.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@uWZiyuj - 6.8.9 should be available on the Mac App Store. It's a tiny update anyway (mostly for users of the Opera browser, not much else in it).

• uWZiyuj
    uWZiyuj
    Community Member

Thanks, Lars. When you say it should be available - how do I find / install it? It doesn't show in updates. Would a clean install on the new laptop, using the purchased tab, install 6.8.9 rather than the version I'm running on the present / old laptop?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@uWZiyuj - Yes, you'll need to use the "Purchased" tab of the Mac App Store on your new Mac. You'll also need (as Ben mentioned above) to be signed into the Mac App Store using the same Apple ID as you are/were using on your old Mac, otherwise your purchase won't be available. And yes, it will install 6.8.9. Once it's installed, on first run, you'll have the option to select iCloud as your data/sync source.

• uWZiyuj
    uWZiyuj
    Community Member

Perfect. Many thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@uWZiyuj - you're quite welcome. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.