Using 1Password with popup logins

Options

This question is not OS specific so I put it here. My company has a team account.

Our company website uses a popup box to collect the login details which seems to be invisible to 1Password. Is there a workaround or is this a problem for 1Password?

1Password Version: 7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X
Sync Type: local

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2018
    Options

Hi @markhorrocks,

Just to clarify, is it an HTTP Basic Authentication dialogue box that pops up? Something that looks like this:

(These are some examples of how different browsers/versions prompt for HTTP Basic Auth)

Or do you mean that it opens in a true pop-up window within the web browser? Is there an example that we could see?

Ben

• tetardbleu
    tetardbleu
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I'm interested in an answer to the exact examples you gave @Ben . Is there a way for 1 password to automatically save these as safari and keychain do with a Mac ?
    Thanks,

• markhorrocks
    markhorrocks
    Community Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

It is not a Basic Authentication popup, it's a custom js ajax popup within the web browser.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@markhorrocks: What's the URL? I'll be happy to test it to see if there's a workaround, or something we can do to improve 1Password in the future.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tetardbleu: No. 1Password does not interact with Apple's Keychain, and they've been making it harder to do so at all programmatically in recent releases, both intentionally and due to some (I believe) bugs.

• markhorrocks
    markhorrocks
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not permitted to divulge the domain name. It's just a js popup box.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@markhorrocks: Well...unfortunately there isn't much we can do to troubleshoot a website issue sight-unseen. But if you'd be able to share it privately, just shoot us an email at support@1password.com with a link to this discussion, and post the Support ID you receive here so we can connect the dots.

This discussion has been closed.