Want to add 1password 6 on my new iPad. Already have it on my MAC and iPhone

Options
gjs
gjs
Community Member

Just bought an ipad to add to my mac and iphone. Have been using standalone 1password 6. I just want to use this system on the ipad as well but app store (via purchased history) will only give me version 7. I currently sync via dropbox. PLEASE HELP. Mac has OS 10.13.5. iPhone has latest OS as does new iPad.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:download 1password 6 ios

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Version 7.0.6 is the current version for iOS. If you have been keeping up with updates, you will find that your iPhone is running version 7 already. Just download from your purchase history to your iPad. It won’t cause you to need to upgrade your macOS installation.

(You can verify your version on your iPhone by going to the 1Password settings and scrolling down a little. The version number is shown just below the Review 1Password option.)

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for chiming in here hawkmoth. @gjs If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• gjs
    gjs
    Community Member
    Options

I do see that the iPhone is on version 7. However I’m using it in standalone mode. On the iPad, the downloaded app won’t let me in without an account. I don’t want to pay for an account. I want to work in standalone mode. How do I access the app w/o an account? Plus l don’t know my login credentials other than it’s in my purchase history.

• Ben
    Options

@gjs,

On the welcome screen don’t select the 1Password.com option... that is the option for folks with 1Password memberships (an “account”). If you want to use 1Password standalone you’ll need to select one of the other sync options from the welcome screen. You may need to scroll down to see them. You’ll want to select the same sync option that you’re using on your other device(s).

Ben

• gjs
    gjs
    Community Member
    Options

Aha... it’s the old scoll-down ploy! It was positioned just out of view and scrolloing did not occur to me. I feel dumb but grateful. Works like a charm. Many thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update. No need to feel dumb. Unfortunately iOS doesn’t expose scroll bars until you start scrolling, so it isn’t always obvious what content is scrollable.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.