1Password 7 App keeps asking to be downloaded

Options

Every time I reboot my pc I'm prompted to download 1Password 7 again (before opening Edge) - is it really changing on an almost daily basis, or is there something else I need to do to get it resolved?

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10 (latest)
Sync Type: Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 7 App keeps asking to be downloaded

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Wilhelm,

Sorry for this inconvenience!

Is it possible that you have Microsoft Edge selected as a the default browser on your PC? If yes, it means that you bumped into a known issue with Windows 10 1803 April update and Microsoft Edge, when it is selected as the default browser on your system.

We're trying to get in touch with Microsoft about this issue and hopefully get this fixed soon. Please try to use 1Password extension in any other browser (Chrome, Firefox, Opera) and check if it works better.

If you have other questions, feel free to raise them in your reply. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• Wilhelm
    Wilhelm
    Community Member
    Options

All good - thanks, @Greg - just happy that it's a known issue. Thanks for the quick response and good work!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sure thing! On behalf of Greg, you are most welcome! We're here if you need us. :)

• Wilhelm
    Wilhelm
    Community Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

Hello @brenty and @Greg.

As I've mentioned before, Edge is pretty much a non-negotiable on my side, so I've been good and installing 1Password every time I fire up my PC for about a month now.

This morning a slight change popped up. The first two attempts to install got nowhere when I clicked Run for the install file. I then did another reboot, fired up the install and got a new error. (I've attached a screenshot.) I clicked Retry and it went through without a problem.

Just thought I'd let you know for what it's worth. (I'm assuming it could well be that one of the previous attempts had that file locked momentarily - there's been no other issues since.)

Cheers.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Wilhelm,

I'm confused;

so I've been good and installing 1Password every time I fire up my PC for about a month now.

I'm not sure I understand, are you actually installing 1Password or is that a typo? You do not have to do anything, just close the splash screen and open up Edge, 1Password will work fine. There is no need to do anything at all, the splash screen is just a red herring, ignore it completely.

• Wilhelm
    Wilhelm
    Community Member
    Options

Aah! That's great news - thanks! (Now you see how diligent I am! :chuffed: )

• MikeT
    Options

:) We're still trying to figure out a different approach to this Edge issue. Hopefully, we'll find a solid fix.

This discussion has been closed.