How can I prevent expired entries from showing up in Watchtower? (While keeping the expiry date)

XIII
XIII
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Lounge

Watchtower lists a few entries (membership cards) that are indeed expired. Unfortunately the organizations behind them are sloppy/cheap/... and decided to still honor the expired passes instead of distributing new ones...

How can I prevent them from showing up in Watchtower, while keeping the expiry date?

(I could put the date in a note, but is there a nicer way?)

Comments

• Hi @XIII

I’m not aware of a nicer way at this point. Sorry about that. Hopefully we can continue to iterate on Watchtower and in the future can account for such possibilities.

Ben

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

(I could put the date in a note, but is there a nicer way?)

I use custom fields (with a Date or Month/Year type) for this sort of thing. :)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

I use custom fields (with a Date or Month/Year type) for this sort of thing. :)

Of course! Should have come up with that myself...

Cleared the date in the (default) “Expiry” field and put it in a custom (date) field “Expired”. Still have all the info, but no “false positive” in Watchtower.

Problem solved. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

sjk comes up with a lot of stuff that has me saying the same thing I both love and hate him. :tongue:

• mariozaizar
    mariozaizar
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

I was looking for this, thanks!

• Great! :+1:

Ben

• TSzabo
    TSzabo
    Community Member

While the workaround @sjk suggested is good at the moment I wouldn't mind something a bit more akin to the 2FA warning where assigning an "Expired" tag (or something similar) will suppress the warning. That way I can separate things that I know are "expired" or "replaced" from things that Watchtower should be alerting me about.

• Thanks for the feedback @TSzabo. Admittedly the 'tag' method is looked at internally as a bit of a hack, and something to be avoided, but perhaps we can find a better solution.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.