New team member gets computer of somebody who left the company

Options
tom3210
tom3210
Community Member

We got a new team member to replace somebody who left our company. Now on her iMac the 1password-App is already installed but its seems to be still logged in into the account of the girl that is not here anymore and the 1password-account is already deleted.

I tried to uninstall the 1password-App. I also tried AppCleaner but the old girl is still logged in into the app. What can I do to reset the app that our new member can login in the app?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tom3210: This will do the trick:

How to reset your 1Password data and start over

But while there's no risk to 1Password since its data is encrypted, it's probably a good idea to reset the computer since the previous user may have left other things there. Better safe than sorry. :)

• Ben
    Options

But while there's no risk to 1Password since its data is encrypted, it's probably a good idea to reset the computer since the previous user may have left other things there. Better safe than sorry.

Just to clarify: Unless what the previous user left is viruses/malware. :) It really probably is a good idea to have IT reformat the computer and reinstall any essential software before giving it to a new employee to avoid any nastiness transferring over.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.