1 password doesn't open site automatically.

chestrermarty
chestrermarty
Community Member

1 Password opens site but does not allow entry automatically. I have to go through the process manually.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1 password doesn't open site automatically.

Comments

• chestrermarty
    chestrermarty
    Community Member

Password version 6.8.8
    OS version 10.13.6
    extension version?
    sync type ?
    1 Password opens site but does not let me in automatically. I have to manually input password.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

1Password has never automatically filled in credentials without a user request to do so. I’m uncertain what you are doing and what you are xpecting, though. If you open a login page, nothing will happen until you initiate filling in the credentials. But if you are viewing a login page and press ⌘\ (Command + backslash at once), your credentials should fill the web form and you should then be logged in automatically, provided the web site doesn’t prohibit that.

I’m not sure whether this addresses your issue. If it doesn’t, could you post back with more information on what you do, step by step, when login in to a web site.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

Hi @chestrermarty, we are happy to help.

Firstly, in order to fill on web pages, you must have the 1Password extension installed. If you do not have it, you can download it here.

If you already have the extension, then we should move onto the next set of solutions. In order to "Open and fill" or "Fill" using the extensions, you have to be on the sign-in page of the respective login entry or have the sign-in URL saved to 1Password. I have made a screen recording demonstrating this behavior, which you can find here. In the recording, I have also added the checkbox that must be checked in 1Password 7 > Preferences > Browsers to enable automatic form submission after filling.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

This discussion has been closed.