logging in to my router

Options
neex
neex
Community Member

I have a Netgear router (R7000 model), which I log into via my browser (Safari, usually) by navigating to routerlogin.net.

The router login has one of those "popup/dropdown" window/pane things for the username/password entry (which later versions of Safari neatly render as though it were embedded in the webpage)--not sure if that describes it sufficiently; I'm happy to send screenshots.

In any event, 1P seems unable to detect the site or login. The 1P extension does not recognize that I've navigated to the routerlogin.net site, although that site is listed for my 1P login entry. Moreover, for that matter, the 1P extension cannot interact with the site or login fields.

I've tried this with Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.

Not sure if that makes sense or if you guys are aware of this "issue." Is there a workaround? Are you working on a solution?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

1Password Version: 7.1.BETA-1
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Families!

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@neex - What you're referring to is HTTP basic auth. It's built into the browser itself, not part of the page you're on. 1Password for Mac indeed cannot interact with such auth prompts, so you're not missing anything. These are in decreasing use across the internet, and it's primarily for this reason plus the time required to code a solution for it that we've assigned this a (relatively) lower priority than a lot of other issues and requests on our plates.

However, if you have a 1password.com account and you're using either Chrome or Firefox, the new(ish) 1Password X will fill into HTTP Basic Auth fields. Just select the item in question in 1Password X, and you'll be signed in automatically.

This discussion has been closed.