I forgot my master password and realize that I have to start over...

chuckhermes
chuckhermes
Community Member

I cannot create an account using my email address because my forgotten password account is connected. Is there any way I can create a new account without having to create a new email account? I'm using version 7 on mac and the latest IOS. I have been a paid 1pass customer since at least 2014.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:forgot master password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @chuckhermes! If you mean you've got a 1password.com account for which you forgot the Master Password, then if you want to use the same email account to register a new 1password.com account, you'll need to write to support@1password.com and mention you want to delete your account. One of us will send you out a deletion email with a link and instructions for how to delete your account, after which you can sign up again using the same address.

• chuckhermes
    chuckhermes
    Community Member

Thank you, Lars. I will again assume that I will not be able to retrieve my "personal vault" data from the original account. Correct?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@chuckhermes - sadly, you are correct. If you forget your Master Password and don't have it written down somewhere, your data will be permanently unretrievable. And if you actually delete the account, it will be unretrievable anyway after that. When you create your new account, I would strongly recommend securely saving or printing out your Emergency Kit - you'll be prompted to do so as soon as you finish signing up.

This discussion has been closed.