Icon of item when editing anti-aliased, but pixelated when view-only?

Options
Spythe
Spythe
Community Member

See the two images above. One is when viewing an 1Password item and the other is when editing it. I copied an image into an item (Open image, Select all (CMD A), copy and paste it when selecting the item icon. The image itself is 478x478, but it shows pixelated, instead of nicely rendered when you are viewing the item, instead of editing.

Minor bug? :)

1Password Version: Latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018
    Options

Hi @Spythe,I am trying to replicate this on my end with this icon: https://midnightsketch.com/images/logo-tile2x.png.

I have made a screen recording demonstrating the steps I took to upload the icon. Are these the exact steps you completed as well?

• Spythe
    Spythe
    Community Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

HI @JadC, I reproduced your steps to see if there is a difference, as your stept are a bit different than mine. In my opinion I think double clicking the icon and use the Finder to select a file (your method) gives better results. I've made a screen recording as well and if you zoom in onto the icon you can see the difference. We use the same file.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Spythe, I cannot tell from the screen recording as I cannot zoom into it :(. Do you still see the pixelated edges when using the finder method?

• Spythe
    Spythe
    Community Member
    Options

@JadC When using the Finder method (your method) the pixelated edges are less than when copy-pasting the icon, but it is stil pixelated. However, I don't think you can fix that, as this is the limitation of a pixelated screen (although Retina). Simply surprised that one way over the other the results are different.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Spythe that is very peculiar indeed, but I do not see pixelation on my end when I try it. I wonder if the pixelation will go away if you resize the icon to 256x256 as that is the recommended size for rich icons.

This discussion has been closed.