How can I delete the account "We found 1 account" from 1Password Accounts setting screen?

fudan10u
fudan10u
Community Member
  1. Open 1Password app.
  2. Tap [Settings] - [1Password Accounts] - [Add Existing Account]
  3. Then, the 1Password.com account was detected and displayed as shown below.

However, the account displayed on that screen is already canceled and deleted. (In addition, the account displayed here has previously been set to 1 Password app on this iPhone.)

How can I delete the account shown here?

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.3 / iPhone SE
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @fudan10u

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

If you've already deleted the account in question then attempting to log in to it from that screen should cause it to be removed.

Thanks!

Ben

• fudan10u
    fudan10u
    Community Member

Hello, @Ben

Thank you for your advice!!
    I succeeded in removing the deleted account from that screen.

• Great. Thanks for the update! If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend. :)

Ben

• unsu
    unsu
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

I have exactly the same problem. The account was deleted but I do not remember the old password. How can I remove it from there. I do not what it to pop up every time. I does not even show the email address or any other info which would be helpful.
    I've checked all my emails, and 1password says it did not find any accounts registered.

What a mess your online "membership" accounts and how it is actually convenient and easy just to use a standalone license.

• @unsu

If the account no longer exists attempting to log in to it (even with invalid credentials) should cause it to be removed.

Ben

• unsu
    unsu
    Community Member

Hi Ben, if this account exists, is it possible to find out what email was used, the Key and the password to remove it manually? It is probably one of the trial accounts I created long time ago and never used it. I do not have any active ‘membership’ accounts other than my non-subscription Primary vault. Yesterday I just tried to find out what email was used, I checked all emails I have and got automatic reply that they were not associated with any 1Password account.

Are you trying to say that the account is active and I have to find out the password and log in to get it removed? I am not sure I can do that, I don’t remember anything about this inactive account :(

• @unsu

If you’re seeing the same thing as the OP then tapping on the “+” button below “We found 1 account” will fill in all ofthe remembered details of the account (everything but the Master Password). You can then enter anything — “deleteme,” “test,” whatever, as the Master Password. 1Password will try to log in to the account, see that it doesn’t exist anymore, and remove the stored credentials.

If the account does still exist then you’ll need to delete it. We can help with that, but it is something we’d need to address via email. Please reach out to us with the email address associated with the account (again you should be able to get this by tapping the “+” buton) at sales@1password.com. Please post the support ID that you get back here.

Ben

• unsu
    unsu
    Community Member

Thank you Ben, but I do not know the email associated with that account, it tried to go to my.1password.com, clicked to "Find my account", I entered all email addresses I have, nether works, I keep getting an automatic reply "We couldn't find a 1password account registered..."

(again you should be able to get this by tapping the “+” buton)

No, it does not show me the email address

When I click the "+" button, the popup window says:

We found one account
    Choose the accounts to add to this Mac
    "Name Last name" ––––- Add
    my.1password.com

After I click add, it shows a dialog window:

Enter your Master Password
    ––––––––––––––-
    ––––––––––––––-
    This is the password for you "Name Last name" account

I enter a possible password and it does not allow me to sign in.

So, I can't even find out the email that I used - this is strange because I only have two active emails and 1password can't find an account for either of them.

• unsu
    unsu
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

By the way that is why I do not want to use membership vaults, I do not feel comfortable with them, I have to store the secret key somewhere and if I loose it, I will loose access to my account and the passwords. 1Password is not even able to find the email for my account. This is probably a bug in 1Password 7 - either the account does exist but 1P does not recognize the email, or it does not exist and it has to be deleted from 1P automatically, as you said, but it does not delete it because of the possible bug in the software

In the future updates please make sure when it find an account, it shows the email address associated with this account.

• @unsu,

To be clear: it does show the name associated with the account? If so please reach out to our sales team at sales@1password.com. They can do a search by name for you.

Ben

• norserob
    norserob
    Community Member

I stopped my subscription a while ago, but apparently the account was not deleted. I now want to start using 1password again, but do not have the old master password. So I want to start with a fresh account. But when I try to log in with a wrong password the account is not deleted, it is asking me for the old credentials. How can I delete the old account so I can proceed? Changing my email address to start a second account (paying only for the new one) it is not an option. I want only one account.

• @norserob

Our sales team can assist you with deleting your account. Please email them from the email address on your account at sales@1password.com

Thanks.

Ben

• norserob
    norserob
    Community Member

Thanks, Ben,

I did get this sorted today by contacting support, all good now.

-Robert

• Thanks for the update. :)

Ben

• unsu
    unsu
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

I contacted the support team but they say all my.1password.com accounts associated with my name are already deleted but when I click "Sign in to account" I keep getting the message "We found 1 account for you".

What I know:

1) neither of my emails are associated with active accounts
    2) I did "Reset all 1Password data" - no help
    3) I did "Reset iCloud" data - no help
    4) My iCloud keychain has only one login info but this is for my my.1password.ca trial account
    5) Fresh install of 1Password on a different Mac = same problem

I want it to be removed but the support team is unable to do this for me. Should I have contacted the sales@1password.com as you suggested? And why sales and not the regular support?

Thank you! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@unsu: "We found n account(s) for you" means that it is saved in your iCloud Keychain. Unless it is removed from there, it will remain. Reinstalling the app won't affect what's saved in iCloud. We can't remove stuff from your iCloud account for you. It would be creepy if we could. Did you try what Ben suggested above?

If you’re seeing the same thing as the OP then tapping on the “+” button below “We found 1 account” will fill in all ofthe remembered details of the account (everything but the Master Password). You can then enter anything — “deleteme,” “test,” whatever, as the Master Password. 1Password will try to log in to the account, see that it doesn’t exist anymore, and remove the stored credentials.

• unsu
    unsu
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

(problem solved)

• unsu
    unsu
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

YEEEES I did it!
    I searched "onepassword" in the iCloud keychain and deleted the old record!

Thank you brenty! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

Awesome! Personally, I would have done it Ben's way to avoid digging through Keychain, but I'm glad that did the trick for you. :)

• unsu
    unsu
    Community Member

Nothing actually worked in my case, I tried everything... finding and deleting the old Keychain record was the only solution.
    Thank you again! Cheers :)

• Thanks for the update @unsu. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.