Cannot move (or copy/delete) items in iOS app?

madsenmikkel
madsenmikkel
Community Member

Hi,

I have got 1password on Mac and iOS. For some reason I now cannot move/copy/delete items through the iOS apps any more. It used to work, but now the three options are just greyed out when I select one or more items that I want to move to another vault.
I have got the iOS app both on iPhone and iPad and the problem is the same on both - app version is 7.1.1.
I am using a 1password.com account and I am the admin.
It works on my Mac.

Please help me.

Thanks,
Mikkel.

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.4.1
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• Hi @madsenmikkel

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble. Are you able to create new items in both the source and destination vaults?

Please let me know.

Ben

• madsenmikkel
    madsenmikkel
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

Yes, I am.

Regards,
    Mikkel

• @madsenmikkel,

Are you in the All Vaults view when attempting to move the item(s), or have you switched to the vault that contains the items? The latter is necessary to complete the move.

Thanks!

Ben

• madsenmikkel
    madsenmikkel
    Community Member

Thanks, that solved it. I wasn’t aware of that limitation. Is there any reason not to allow move/copy/delete while in All Vaults view?

• You’re welcome! Thanks for the update. I’m sure there is good reason for it, but I’m not sure what that reason is off hand. I suspect it has to do with the fact that from All Vaults you could inadvertantly select the wrong item, particularly if you have the same item in multiple vaults.

Ben

• ArthurJack
    ArthurJack
    Community Member

I only have a primary vault on my iPad. For some reason my amex card is not listed as a credit card. I am trying to move it to credit cards - yes I realise I could delete and start again, and I understand I cannot move categories, but I can seem to copy either. In fact no matter where I am in the app every time I select, I can only delete everything else is grey

• Hi @ArthurJack

If your AMEX card is not currently set up in the Credit Card category you'll want to create a new item in that category for it. You could then copy & paste any pertinent details from the old item to the new one. For what it's worth in most cases having two 1Password items for a credit card is normal -- a credit card item to keep track of the actual payment information and then a login item which is used to store your credentials for the credit card management website.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• ArthurJack
    ArthurJack
    Community Member

Many thanks

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.