iPhone app search and update problems

Options
vj11
vj11
Community Member

I’ve had 1Password for several years but have noticed this issue for the past 6 months at least. On the iPhone 1Password app, when I open the app, the app seems to be constantly trying to sync (which seems to never stop. I once let it go for hours and the circling update symbol was constant and never stopped) and search seems to “bounce” the results. In fact, I can’t search, I have to scroll to the correct login. I am syncing with Dropbox. However, I know sync is up to date since I can find the new changes in a login made on the iPhone on my Mac/pc and on my iPad. The iPad app is working normally, though. It’s only the iPhone. Hope you can help. Thanks

1Password Version: vs 6 and vs 4
Extension Version: ??
OS Version: Latest Mac/ windows 8.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vj11: Thanks for getting in touch! I'm a bit confused by these:

constantly trying to sync

and

sync is up to date

You should be able to verify one way or the other in 1Password Settings > Sync > (vault) > Last Sync: if it says "in progress" there, then it's syncing. If it says "n seconds/minutes ago" then it isn't.

If it is still syncing, are you maybe using the old AgileKeychain format still? That's composed of literally hundreds of individual files, so it doesn't scale well with more and more items over time. Depending on what versions you're running on your devices, converting to OPVault may be best. Let me know what you find.

• vj11
    vj11
    Community Member
    Options

The sync message constantly flashes back and forth between “a second ago” and “in progress”. It never stops. I have over 1000 logins and they are all individual files. How do I convert to OPVault. Is this compatible with the versions of 1Password on my Mac and pc? I really don’t want to upgrade due to expense at this time. Appreciate your help.

• Ben
    Options

OPVault is compatible with 1Password 6 for Mac and 1Passsword 4 for Windows. You can learn about how to migrate here:

How to switch to the OPVault format from Agile Keychain | 1Password

I hope that helps!

Ben

• vj11
    vj11
    Community Member
    Options

That seems to have worked. Thank you!

• Ben
    Options

You’re very welcome. :)

Ben