Downgrade iOS 1password7 to 1password6

Options
gebanks
gebanks
Community Member

I just got a new iPad. I use 1Password6 on my Mac and my iPhone and my old iPad. However, I can't find 1Password6 to install on my new iPad.
I installed 1Password7, but I do not want to switch to the subscription model. Is there any way to get the old program on my new iPad, or do I have to find another password manager?

1Password Version: 6.x
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 11
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Downgrade iOS 1password7 to 1password6

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @gebanks

It isn’t possible to revert to 1Password 6 on iOS, but the v7 upgrade doesn’t cost any extra on iOS. You can continue to use 1Password 7 for iOS as a standalone product if you want (though I’d encourage you to at least consider membership). On the welcome screen scroll down instead of selecting the option to log in to a 1Password.com account. You’ll see an option to sync with Dropbox.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• gebanks
    gebanks
    Community Member
    Options

I considered membership, but do you realize how much money someone can spend if they have many of their programs on subscription basis? I do that with Adobe for $10/mo., but that is necessary since their upgrades are required if you get new cameras. But there are alternative ways to manage passwords, and even browsers are now having strong password generators. 1Password6 is great and does everything I want, and I'm glad I bought it, but don't want to pay that much every year when I don't need that frequent upgrades. Thanks, I will reinstall 1Password7 IOS and scroll down and hope I can sync with Dropbox.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018
    Options

@gebanks: That's sort of like saying, "Do you know how expensive it is to subscribe to every cable service and internet steaming provider?" I get where you're coming from, but new cameras aren't cheap either. For many, 1Password is essential. It's all about choices. :)

ref: LKS-44785-583

This discussion has been closed.