How do I copy vault from 1Password for Win standalone to Android?

Options
olympia
olympia
Community Member

Which files I need to copy over from Windows to local storage of the Android device in order to get the vault open over there?
I don't want to sync via dropbox, I just want to copy over the vault from Win to Android manually, but can't for my life figure out which files are needed.

Thanks for the help in advance!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@olympia: In the current stable version of 1Password for Android, only AgileKeychain vaults are supported in local storage. If that's what you're using, that's all you need to copy over, and then setup 1Password to use that vault. Otherwise, OPVault support is available for Dropbox sync currently, and version 7 adds support for that for local storage as well. You're welcome to participate in the beta. :)

• olympia
    olympia
    Community Member
    Options

thanks @brenty, trying to use v6.8 with OPVault was the problem. No issue after updating to Android v7.

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the update, @olympia. I'm glad that updating to the beta helped!

• mliving
    mliving
    Community Member
    Options

What a huge waste of time and money. I upgraded to the Android app only to find out that when syncing between apps I can only use wansync which doesn't work. Yet the only way to sync locally is with a Premium annual subscription. Time for me to move on to a product that doesn't cripple it's mobile app to force customers to buy annual subscriptions and send whole support pages as a support response. Hugely disappointed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mliving: Can you tell me what you're referring to? Are you maybe using a different app? It also sounds like you might be talking about some other discussion entirely, as I don't see where anyone said anything about "support pages" or "annual subscriptions" here.

To clarify, 1Password for Android supports four different mechanisms for syncing data between devices:

If you need help using 1Password with any of those, let us know.

• mliving
    mliving
    Community Member
    Options

I referring to the $10 1Password mobile that doesn't work well with any solution other than a paid 1Password account or similar PAID cloud solutions.

Wansync worked once. The first time I used it and it hasn't worked since. Tech support says "very difficult" to troubleshoot should pay for 1Password cloud.

I used 1Password with my Synology for years. Now that I've moved to a self-hosted NextCloud solution and suddenly 1Password stops working properly... right around the same time it's own cloud solution is released.

Keep my money. I'm moving to an open source solution with fair better support and that's better for my pocket book.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I referring to the $10 1Password mobile that doesn't work well with any solution other than a paid 1Password account or similar PAID cloud solutions.

@mliving: Thanks for clarifying. Indeed, the Pro Features purchase for 1Password for Android is what I had in mind too, since you mentioned that you'd upgraded to that instead of a 1Password membership. WhatI said above applies to that same app.

Wansync worked once. The first time I used it and it hasn't worked since. Tech support says "very difficult" to troubleshoot should pay for 1Password cloud.

Indeed, and "very difficult" is an understatement since we have no control over your network environment. So it isn't something we can fix for you, if your devices cannot communicate with each other. However, we do have a very thorough guide that covers everything we know that can go wrong due to a configuration issue. This can help:

If you’re having trouble using the WLAN server

And if you have any questions at all, let me know. I'll be happy to offer any clarification I can, or make suggestions based on your specific situation. We -- and 1Password -- can't configure your network and devices for you, but we can certainly point you in the right direction.

I used 1Password with my Synology for years. Now that I've moved to a self-hosted NextCloud solution and suddenly 1Password stops working properly... right around the same time it's own cloud solution is released.

We don't own or operate either one of those services, so I couldn't even guess what the difference might be. You'd need to contact them. We haven't made any changes to how WLAN Server works for many years, but, to be completely clear, it's irrelevant in that case anyway: WLAN Server isn't at all involved even peripherally with anything like that, as it isn't writing to files on arbitrary local hosts; it's just sending bits back and forth over your network between different instances of 1Password.

Keep my money. I'm moving to an open source solution with fair better support and that's better for my pocket book.

If that's what makes you happy, I wish you all the best. But if you decide you'd like to troubleshoot the issue further I'll be glad to help in any way I can. Take care.

This discussion has been closed.