Wrong categories displaying on iPad

DeepSymmetry
DeepSymmetry
Community Member

I just upgraded to a family subscription to finally convince my partner to use a password manager, and it has mostly been the excellent, polished experience I have come to rely on from AgileBits over the years. I have run into a weird issue on the iPad which may be entirely unrelated, though: When trying to verify that I was seeing things from the right vaults, now that I have a shared one, I discovered that clicking on one of the categories in the list on the left from the Categories tab often shows the wrong category. For example, when I choose Passports, I see my Reward Programs; when I choose Software Licenses I see Email Accounts. You get the idea.

This problem is only happening on the iPad; it’s working fine on my iPhone and Mac, and on the 1Password.com web app. Please let me know if there’s any other information that might help in tracking this down. And thanks for building such a great environment that my very skeptical partner is now glad to be finally using a sane password management system.

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.4.1
Sync Type: 1Password.com
Referrer: forum-search:ipad category chooser wrong display

Comments

• DeepSymmetry
    DeepSymmetry
    Community Member

I seem to have answered my own question, although you may still want to investigate the underlying issue: I tried force quitting the app on my iPad, and after reopening it, the problem had cleared up. I suspect the problem was somehow caused by migrating from my old Dropbox synced Primary vault to the new 1Password.com synced family plan while the app was in use.

• Thanks for the update, and for the kind words. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.