Remove license 1Password7

I bought the 1password7 standalone license (windows 10). I currently use at work and at home, I would like to know how to remove the computer license from work when I leave the company.

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Claudio_br
    Claudio_br
    Community Member

I believe you should have a remove all button, including licenses and backups. In this situation of using at work, there are always traces and backups (when removing and reinstalling) of my passwords and this is not so safe. Administrators can log in with my user and have access to my backups.

• Hi @Claudio_br

Thanks for taking the time to write in. If you're using a strong Master Password there is likely little to no concern with leaving your encrypted database behind, but you're right: it would be a good idea to remove it anyway if you no longer plan to have access to the device. This guide may help:

How to reset your 1Password data and start over

:)

Ben

• Claudio_br
    Claudio_br
    Community Member

Thanks, but my license is still there ... Is not that a problem too?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Claudio_br: Thanks for clarifying. Indeed, if you were using your license on someone else's computer for some reason, you'd need to go to Windows Credentials Manager > Windows Credentials > Generic > 1Password and remove it from there. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Claudio_br
    Claudio_br
    Community Member

Thank you! These two steps I think solve. I would not want to give up my license to a third party.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

++ You're very welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.