Mac OS 10.13.4 update from 4.4.3 to 5.4.3 not working

Updater states: A new version of 1 Password is available!

1Password 5.4.3 is now available. You are currently using version 4.4.3. Would you like to download and install the new version now?

Then BELOW in a white window below the grey window:

1Password for Mac 5.4.3 is now available. There have been 10 updates since you last updated.

[Then in BOLD, RED LETTERS]

AUTOMATICALLY UPDATING TO THIS VERSION WILL NOT WORK. [then a clickable link:] Please download the latest version of 1 Password.

SO... I clicked the clickable link to download the latest version just above and when I go to install, I get an error saying "We've got a problem - the system launched an incorrect version of 1Password mini"

When I tried to figure out how to rectify this situation - it tells me to delete any "extra versions" of the app? Do they mean that I should delete the 1 Password 4 version manually? What will happen to my passwords if I do that?

I am totally confused.

Please help, thank you!

R

1Password Version: 4.4.3 to 5.4.3 upgrade
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: 10.13.4 (just upgraded)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Mac OS 10.13.4 update from 4.4.3 to 5.4.3 not working

Comments

• @me0,

If you're on 10.13.4 you're going to want to download 1Password 6.8.9 from https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPM4

You'll also want to drag the 1Password 4.app to the trash to prevent it from conflicting with 1Password 6 that replaces it.

As long as you don't use any form of cleanup tool to move 1Password 4.app to the trash your data will remain intact.

• me0
    me0
    Community Member

thank you. I successfully got it to 5.4.3 i guess i will go to 6.8.9 now. have a nice weekend :)

• me0
    me0
    Community Member

it worked thank you again for your help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of **Rudy, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

In case it helps anyone else, a LOT has changed since 1Password 4, including our update servers, so the old version cannot automatically handle the update itself. It's necessary to download and install it directly.

This discussion has been closed.