'send a copy' does not work without a second vault

Options

Hi,
I know that for the beta feature 'Send a copy' to work, we need to have a second vault linked to our account (plus the private one)..Do you plan to withdraw this limitation when this feature will be released ?
Here is a use case that i can think about:

• An employee take notes that they want to share securely with our employees but since this employee has only the private vault he is not able to do it.

You feedbacks will be appreciated.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:item sharing without a second vault

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@HassenHassen: I agree that ideally that wouldn't be necessary, but it isn't something that's technically possible currently. And since all 1Password Business accounts by default have at least one non-Private vault — Shared — and one or the main reasons for people to use 1Password Business in the first place is so they can share securely, I can't say it's come up before. While you may wish to delete the Shared vault (or change its permissions), it seems like it would be easy to just have a single vault in the account. Doing so would allow you to send items to others there. Is there a particular reason why you're avoiding that?

This discussion has been closed.