Help with 1Password 7 on Android

Options
natenate
natenate
Community Member

I upgraded my Mac to 1Password 7 this morning and I'm thrilled with the new features and UI. I've been using 1Password since maybe version 2 and had to convert my old .agilekeychain vault to the newer .opvault format to get my Dropbox sync to work. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get the Android app to switch from the old vault in Dropbox to the new one.

I'm well aware of the choice to not support older users on Android that have multiple vaults and despite the fact that I wish that decision would change, it obviously won't anytime soon. That said, I hope I'm just being a bone headed user and not seeing the simple option to switch my ONE Android vault to another. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for getting in touch, @natenate! I'm so glad you're loving 1Password 7 on your Mac.

To switch over to your new OPVault in 1Password for Android, you'll need to delete the app from your phone, then download it anew from the Play Store. Once it downloads to your phone, choose "Dropbox" on the setup screen and follow the on-screen prompts to connect the app to your new vault in Dropbox!

Then, all that's left to do is to enjoy the improvements to security in the OPVault format. ;)

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

That last comment sounds pretty spammy IMHO

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member
    Options

@Manaburner You are absolutely right! I took care of that comment. Thanks for noticing and mentioning it.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

You're welcome @EnerJi :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

lol thank you both! :sunglasses:

• jbulava
    jbulava
    Community Member
    Options

I couldn't figure this out either! Thanks for the solution.

It would be awesome if there was a "import in progress" message in the app when it starts syncing with Dropbox. I saw a message in my notifications, but the big "Vault is Empty" in the app had me nervous for the 10 seconds nothing was showing up. :p

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, sorry for the confusion there. We're working on some stuff for future updates that should help. I'm glad that you got it sorted, and thanks for the feedback!

• nzjess
    nzjess
    Community Member
    Options

I removed the 1Password 6 from my Android phone, then went to the Play Store to install 1 Password 7, but the version listed in the store is still 6.8. How do I find version 7 in the Play Store?

• peri
    Options

Hi @nzjess. 1Password 7 hasn't yet been released on Android. We hope to have some news on that front soon, though!

This discussion has been closed.