Using 1Password on unsupported apps

jsw217
jsw217
Community Member

For example on iPhone X, signing in to Redbox, a keyboard pops up with a "Key" icon above the keyboard which takes me to "AutoFill Password" page that has a list of passwords and not my Redbox password. How do I add my Redbox password to "AutoFill Password" page or is their a better way to use 1Password on unsupported apps?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jsw217: The only way currently to use information saved in 1Password in an app that does not support the 1Password iOS extension is copy and paste. I believe the "key" icon you're referring to is Apple's Keychain, like in this screenshot:

While we offer a 1Password extension for iOS, it isn't something we can build into other apps ourselves. Their developers will need to add support for it. Otherwise it is necessary to copy and paste. However, we have a page devoted to the 1Password extension for developers, so be sure to let them know you'd like them to add support for it and point them in our direction. We're always happy to help them join the ranks of apps that support the 1Password iOS extension!

Anyway, I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• jsw217
    jsw217
    Community Member

This explains what I am seeing in the unsupported apps. I like 1Password and will continue to copy and paste as required for unsupported apps. Thanks for the response.

• Thanks for the kind words @jsw217

Ben

This discussion has been closed.