Sync option not available in v.7.0.7

Options
insecurity
insecurity
Community Member

I have purchased 7.0.7 from Apple App Store.

The Sync option does not show up for me.

In my preferences, all I see are the options:

General
Security
Accounts
Watchtower
Vaults
Browser

I do not see icons in my preferences for
All Vaults
Browsers
Sync
Wi-Fi Server
Backup
Updates
taken from https://support.1password.com/sync-with-dropbox/

I do have the old 6.8.8 application installed. should i delete it?

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Wi-Fi server

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@insecurity the App Store version of 1Password 7 does not support local sync but only a 1Password.com subscription. If you want to continue using a standalone version, as opposed to taking out a subscription to 1Password.com, you must download 1Password 7 from the AgileBits' store.

You can delete the App Store version by first closing it completely using control + option + command + Q and then dragging the app file to the trash (don't use any cleaner app, which may well try to persuade you to delete files you need to keep). If you then download 1Password 7 from the AgileBits' store you can follow this helpful user post showing how you can buy a licence without being lured into a subscription along the way. ;)

Stephen

• insecurity
    insecurity
    Community Member
    Options

Why are there differences in the features? I was expecting the App Store version was the same as the one from the AgileBits store?

I would have avoided purchasing the subscription option from the Apple App Store and just went with the AgileBits version.

What other features are missing between the two versions, is there an article documenting this?

From searching none of this is obvious, making me very unhappy as a user.

Thanks Stephen_C for the heads up. I'm not blaming you, just not happy with AgileBits.

• insecurity
    insecurity
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Stephen_C

I downloaded the agilebits version of 7.0.7 and installed it. When I load the app I have verified which version I'm using.

I followed the instructions but when I load the agilebits version of 7.0.7 I don't see a License, Purchase 1Password option.

I purchased 6.8.8 a while back.

How do I fix this?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@insecurity what do you see when you run 1Password 7? Is there any indication that it's in Read Only mode? If so, I think (although I'm not sure) that you can click on the Read Only mode sign and that will allow you to purchase a licence.

The problem is that my standalone version is already licensed so I can't see what you'd see in an unlicensed version. Further, the 1Password support site continues to be exceptionally unhelpful (in spite of my previous complaints about it :) ) in terms of helping people buy a licence and showing screen shots of how to do so. That has led to many questions on this forum exactly on the lines of that which you are now asking. :(

Stephen

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @insecurity, I am sorry to hear that you had trouble upgrading to 1Password 7. Before proceeding with solutions, I would like to better understand the situation you are in:

"Why are there differences in the features? I was expecting the App Store version was the same as the one from the AgileBits store?"

Both versions are actually identical, with the only difference being that we offer a standalone license exclusively in the version downloaded from our website :smile:.

"I would have avoided purchasing the subscription option from the Apple App Store"

Did you simply download 1Password 7 from the App Store? Or did you proceed to buy and activate a 1Password membership?

This discussion has been closed.