Can't Install Firefox Extension

Hi,

I'm just getting started. I registered, installed the PC application, imported all my old Roboform items using the web site, and everything seems fine. Then I went to https://support.1password.com/explore/extension/ and tried to install the Firefox extension. I granted permission when Firefox asked but it didn't work because of a connection failure. I tried several times and it always failed. The connection was fine so something else was wrong.

How do I get this to work?

Thanks,
Mike

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeA01730
    MikeA01730
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

Also note that there's no problem installing other extensions from the Firefox Addon site.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MikeA01730,

Sorry for the troubles!

If you see “the add-on could not be downloaded” in Firefox on your Windows PC, please follow the steps in this guide and let me know if it works for you after that.

Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• MikeA01730
    MikeA01730
    Community Member

Also, the cloud icon at the top of the 1Password window indicates that there's no connection available so it can't sync. However I can load new web pages from the browser with no problems and speedtest.net says I can download at 3Mbs and upload at 9 Mbs (via WiFi).

• MikeA01730
    MikeA01730
    Community Member

Greg,

That worked. The extension installed correctly in Firefox. Thanks.

What about getting the 1Password application to connect?

Thanks,
    Mike

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@MikeA01730:

It sounds like a different issue. To get a better idea of what is going on, please create a Diagnostics Report from your PC, where you see the cloud icon at the top of 1Password window. Here is how:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please **post that number here*.

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• MikeA01730
    MikeA01730
    Community Member

Greg,

Never mind. This morning it's connecting with no problems.

Thanks,
    Mike

• Hi @MikeA01730,

That's great to hear. Do you recall if you were using any VPN, proxy or firewall in your network?

All of your issues sounds like firewall, the broken icon in 1Password titlebar means 1Password sees internet but cannot access 1Password.com site, meaning it is blocked.

• MikeA01730
    MikeA01730
    Community Member

None of those. Just a simple home network with FiOS. I use ESET anti-virus on all my PCs though. I was going to exclude the 1Password exe file to see if that helped but I never had to.

Mike

• MikeT
    edited July 2018

Hmm, yea, ESET shouldn't interfere with 1Password now but we have seen it interfere with 1Password at some point in the past.

Please do keep us informed of any changes here.

This discussion has been closed.