Can't sync new Retina iMac

Options
onpoint
onpoint
Community Member

I scanned the barcode and it created user on my new imac. However, there are no vaults. No problem. I go to sync and nowhere is there a sync button in any window or menu. I sync via dropbox on current mac which I haven't deauthorized yet.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 6.8.9
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi onpoint,

When signed in with a 1Password.com account, there is no need to manually configure sync, so the sync tab is not shown. That's why you can't find it.

When you say you scanned the barcode, is that the QR code that contains your account information?

If you are using a 1Password.com account, then what are you using on your current Mac that syncs to dropbox? 1Password account vaults sync with 1Password.com, not with dropbox. Do you have some separate standalone vault?

• onpoint
    onpoint
    Community Member
    Options

I set up a new Retina iMac Sunday-Monday that is running 1password 7. My old imac, ipad and iphone running version 6 syncs via dropbox. So I guess my question is how do I get most recent vault to my 1password account? Right now, I have a generic vault with no logins. Thanks in advance for your help.

• chadseld
    edited August 2018
    Options

First, make sure Dropbox is installed and working on your new iMac. Give it a few minutes to complete the initial sync.

Then, run through the first-run setup of 1Password and select Dropbox on the initial screen.
    If you have 1Password set up incorrectly and need to run through the initial setup again, you can start over with Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data.

ref: TKF-66713-522

This discussion has been closed.