1Password 4 (Single License) Had Send Password to, but 1Password 7(Families Doesn't)

Hi
When i was using 1Password 4, I was able to send a password to a window without copying and pasting the password, 1 Password X supports this feature but the 1Password 7 app does not, at least i can't find it any where!

Is it in the app and i am not seeing it, if not, is there plans to support this feature?

I would need this feature less if 1 Password X was support when i have "Always use private browsing mode" turn on.
But it is also good to send password to non-web apps with having to copy and paste them.

Cheers
Adam

PS sorry i this topic has already been answered but i couldn't find it.

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Window 10
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

When i was using 1Password 4, I was able to send a password to a window without copying and pasting the password, 1 Password X supports this feature but the 1Password 7 app does not, at least i can't find it any where! Is it in the app and i am not seeing it, if not, is there plans to support this feature?

@TheOtherAdam: That's a good point. The new Windows app was built with secure sharing in mind, so it doesn't have this feature. And as far as I know this is the first time it's come up. We can certainly consider adding it in the future.

I would need this feature less if 1 Password X was support when i have "Always use private browsing mode" turn on.

It works fine in Chrome. But you're right: Firefox doesn't support this.

But it is also good to send password to non-web apps with having to copy and paste them.

Apps? Wouldn't you have to copy and paste there anyway? However, you may want to check out the 1Password for Windows "Type in window" feature. You can right click an item in 1Password mini to select a field and a window to fill it in. Doesn't work everywhere, but it can come in handy. Let me know if that helps. :)

• TheOtherAdam
    TheOtherAdam
    Community Member

@brenty
    "Type in Window" was the feature i was thinking of. I was trying to do it from the item details section, not the list of passwords(search results) section.

Thanks for the tip!

PS would love 1 Password X to work in Firefox with "Always use private browsing mode" turn on

• Hi @TheOtherAdam,

On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome. Type in Window will be improved greatly in the future, we have plans to evolve it into Auto-Type from 1Password 4.

PS would love 1 Password X to work in Firefox with "Always use private browsing mode" turn on

We're working on it but there are restrictions within Firefox related to using a database while in private browsing mode.

This discussion has been closed.